We thank the generosity of the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation, Inc., who provided funding for this work.
Special thanks also go to:
- Westfield State College, for their administration of the grant funding. Thanks especially go to Elizabeth Mokrzecki, Nick Wojtowicz, Lisa Freeman, Vice President William Lopes and Dean Robert Martin.
- The Polymer Science Learning Center, for the use of their equipment, troubleshooting, and expertise. Thanks to Karie Mathias, Nancy Warren, Gregory Brust, Virgil Breeden, and Dennis Vital.
- The Vincent and Virginia Zehren Endowed Chair in Chemistry at St. Norbert College, De Pere, Wisconsin, for their generous support of travel funds for Dr. Scheich.
- Eugene J. Blanchard, Research Chemist, USDA - ARS
- Jacqueline Campbell, Lab Manager, Textile Testing Services, USDA - ARS
- Leslie White, Research Chemist, USDA - ARS
- The University of Southern Mississippi Department of Radio, Television, and Film for the opportunity to get all the pictures on the Macrogalleria Macroplex site, including the photo of movie film.
- Thanks to the great firefighters in Buffalo, NY, and in Hattiesburg, MS, who assisted us with information and photographs of the firefighting equipment.
- Thanks to B.J. and Lon Mathias, who were most gracious hosts during our stays in Hattiesburg, MS.
- From the bottom of our hearts, we thank Tracy Seyler, Tammie Scheich, Larry Springsteen, Susan Badger, and B.J. Mathias, for their love and support throughout this project, and for their loving care of children, puppies, kitties, horses, and more while we've traveled and worked on this project.